Disclosure: Some of the links on this page are affiliate links, meaning we may receive a small commission if you click a link and purchase something we have recommended. Please read our full disclosure policy for more details.
Once you join a direct sales company, you are always looking for an edge – a way to stand out from other consultants in your brand. A domain redirect for your direct sales website is an easy and inexpensive way to do just that. Whether you conduct business via your company’s replicated website, or via a different channel such as a Facebook group or page, this is a super easy process.
So instead of your business website being brenda.yourcompany.com, your own domain brendasellsthings.com can redirect to your business website, thus creating a piece of intentional and consistent branding.
Disclaimer: CHECK YOUR BRAND’S COMPLIANCE RULES BEFORE DOING THIS.
Part 1 – Domain Redirect Process for your Direct Sales Website
Step 1: Search for and select your chosen your domain name.
You can purchase a domain from any domain provider – but for the purposes of this example and procedure, we will be using the Web Services I offer. When you get a domain, you will actually be renting it for a specified length of time, and will then have the opportunity to renew your domain when the term expires.
Step 2: You will have the opportunity to add Privacy Protection for a nominal rate.
Privacy protection will shield your name and contact information from public searches, and will prevent spammers and solicitors from contacting you, to offer web development services. Privacy protection is entirely optional. But forewarning, if you decline it, you will end up on email lists.
Step 3: Proceed through checkout.
You will select your length of term for your new domain registration.
4. After checkout, you will have the opportunity to decide what you want to do with this shiny new domain you just registered.
Choose “Connect to an existing site.”
5. You can connect it annnnnnnnywhere! If you are directing to your business replicated site, enter the URL at the bottom.
6. Bam. You just setup a domain redirect. It was literally that easy. Need the link again to get started? Here you go!
Part 2: Setting Up Subdomains on Your New Domain
Now that you have your domain from part 1 directed to a different web address, you can setup additional subdomains and extend the value of that domain.
For example: www.brendaster.com redirects to my Sassy Direct profile.
- elite.brendaster.com – links to Elite Suite on Facebook
- suite.brendaster.com – links to Socialite Suite on Facebook
- links.brendaster.com – links to TapBio card
With one domain purchase, we’ve exponentially increased the power of your branding, by creating subdomains (sub links) that can redirect to even more places such as your Facebook page, Instagram profile, shopping site, lead magnet opt-in, or blog. One link to rule them all!
Step 1: Log into your Sassy Web Services account (or wherever you purchased your domain in part 1) and click on DNS.
Step 2: Scroll to the bottom to the section called Forwarding. This is where you can change the forwarding of the primary domain, and setup subdomains.
Step 3: Click on Add Subdomain.
Step 4: Add the name in the Subdomain field that will precede the domain link, for example Facebook.brendaster.com. Then add the full URL in the Forward To field for the destination, that corresponds to that subdomain. Then click save.
Step 5: It may take a few minutes for the redirects to populate. Then you should be able to test your new domain redirect and subdomain redirects.
With Web Services by Brenda Ster you can have 100 subdomains per domain name, for no additional cost. That’s a whole lot of powerful branding with a nominal domain name investment.
Ideas for your main domain redirect:
- To a LinkTree, Campsite, or Tap.bio
- To your Sassy Direct microblog
- To your business replicated website
Ideas for your subdomains:
- Facebook group or page
- Blog or microblog
- Lead magnet opt-in
- Shopping link, site, or group
Examples of my business redirects:
- www.thesocialitesuite.com –> Public Facebook group
- www.suitebrenda.com –> Brenda’s Campsite
- www.whoisbrenda.com –> Brenda’s LinkTree
- www.sassywebservices.com –> Web Services site
- www.brendaster.com –> Brenda’s Sassy Direct link
- elite.brendaster.com –> Elite Suite on Facebook
- suite.brendaster.com –> Socialite Suite on Facebook
- links.brendaster.com –> TapBio card
- Facebook.brendaster.com –> Facebook business page
Comment on this post and share your redirect once you have it setup. It’s so easy to add a big boost of professional presence for a very low cost!